|All care no responsibility||$25.00||$0.00||$0.00|
|You break it you fix||$0.00||$3,000.00||$3,000.00|
We strongly recommend taking the full 'All Care No Responsibility' insurance to ensure you have a stress free holiday should damage occur. There are a number of things that you need to be aware of if you decide on the riskier options of 'You Break It You Fix It" or Fence Sitter':
- No cover is provided for glass damage. Windscreen damage is most common with a minor repairable chip being approximately $75 and a full replacement windscreen approximately $500. It is the responsibility of the hirer to have this damage repaired prior to the return of the vehicle. If the camper is returned with windscreen damage, the excess is retained to cover the cost of the repair and a $250 administration fee is also charged - the balance is then refunded to the client.
- No cover is provided for tyre damage or punctures. It is the responsibility of the hirer to have this damage repaired prior to return of the vehicle. If the camper is returned with tyre damage, the excess is retained to cover the cost of the repair and a $250 administration fee is also charged - the balance is then refunded to the client.
- A bond for the full amount of the excess is drawn at the time of pick up and processed on return of the undamaged camper
- In the event of any damage the full amount of the agreed excess is retained for the vehicle to be repaired, which in some cases can take a number of weeks due to supplier schedules and other bookings on that camper. The full cost of the repair is retained until all repairs for that damage have been completed - repair includes towing fees, panel and paint work, branding decals, mechanical fees, replacement parts, relocation costs and a $250 administration fee. Any remaining balance is then refunded to the client.
- This excess will still be charged if a third party is at fault for the damage.
- The bond must be paid at the time of pick up regardless of cover provided by an independent travel insurance. It is the clients responsibility to recover this money from their insurer.
- The client is liable for any damage to the underbelly or roof of the vehicle.
- All insurance details are covered in the rental agreement document which is required to be signed prior to picking up the vehicle.
Full details of our insurance options and exclusions can be found in our Terms and Conditions.
We have had plenty of examples where clients have damaged our campers and even written them off, but because they have had full cover we have been able to get them a replacement vehicle so they can continue their holiday with minimal disruption. Unfortunately there are also examples of our clients denting the camper through a minor error, resulting in their cheap holiday becoming $3000 more expensive.
We love all of our clients and respect that insurance is a choice, but it's also important that we make everyone aware of the risks so that there are no unwelcome surprises at the end of their rental.
It's recommended that if our insurance is not taken then at the very least you have travel insurance that covers rental vehicles excess (make sure this includes campervans), and that you endorse any damage at the time of pick up on the rental agreement. As with any vehicles rental, it's also recommended that clients video the vehicle at the time of pick up to protect them from any prior damage being attributed to them.
The Pod Campervan Rentals is a very friendly and customer service focused business, so you should not fear being charged for damage you have not caused - the above information is purely for your protection :)